In Science all our children will have …
- A clear understanding of technical vocabulary and definitions
- A solid knowledge foundation of what our bodies and the world are made of
- A knowledge about their bodies and ecosystems
- A solid understanding about the substances and materials around us that enrich our lives and those that can be harmful
- A solid understanding of the impact of technical innovation and those who pioneered it
- Knowledge how technical innovation can support improvement in health and lifestyle
- An understanding that they can impact on their community and their local environment both positively and negatively
- Skills to be enterprising problem solvers who can contribute to society
Year 4 have been busy designing , making and evaluating their own lightbox designs recently during Design Technology. They used their knowledge from their Science sessions on Electricity to construct a simple circuit to light them...
Snow day! Year 1 were lucky enough to go Winter spotting as part of their Science lessons today and it snowed! They talked about the changes in the weather and trees as well as experiencing real snow as they were walking across to the school orchard.
We went on a walk of our local area looking for signs of Autumn. We each had our own bag to gather any evidence we saw of Autumn. It was lovely to visit our orchard and observe nature.
We were set the question - What materials float and what materials sink? We tested our predictions to see if we were right!
We were set a challenge of why brick was the best house for the three little pigs. See how we tried out different materials to build houses from... Straw, Sticks and Brick
Year 1 have had a great time in Science this week. They have been on a materials hunt and then trying to make the Three Little pigs a new home. Which material was the strongest for the job?
Year 1 had a great time at Leighton Moss last week. They went bird watching, looked at plants as well as a bit of pond dipping as part of their Science this term. 1K's photos are to follow!
Year 2 were joined by a whole host of experts from Lancaster University, Local Bird Watching group and RSPB and Wildlife Trust and local Eden Project. We wanted to learn about our local area and in particular the coastal habitat. We learnt a range of local bird calls...
Last Updated on October 9, 2022