In Science all our children will have …
- A clear understanding of technical vocabulary and definitions
- A solid knowledge foundation of what our bodies and the world are made of
- A knowledge about their bodies and ecosystems
- A solid understanding about the substances and materials around us that enrich our lives and those that can be harmful
- A solid understanding of the impact of technical innovation and those who pioneered it
- Knowledge how technical innovation can support improvement in health and lifestyle
- An understanding that they can impact on their community and their local environment both positively and negatively
- Skills to be enterprising problem solvers who can contribute to society
In Science, we have learnt about animal body parts including human body parts. We looked at some trickier ones including elbow, hip, knuckle, wrist and ankle. We used labels to show where these were.
Year 1 have been visiting the orchard throughout the year to see how the seasons change over time. Our final observation was of Summer. Take a look!
Year 1 have been learning all about how plants grow, and Year 3 have been doing a scientific investigation looking at the conditions that plants need to grow. Year 3 looked at how different seeds took longer to germinate and how plants grow at different rates. To...
In both Geography and Science, we learn about the seasons. In Geography, we look at the weather and track this at different times of the year. In Science, we learn about how the environment around us changes in each season. Here are Year 1, looking for signs of...
Year 4 have been busy designing , making and evaluating their own lightbox designs recently during Design Technology. They used their knowledge from their Science sessions on Electricity to construct a simple circuit to light them...
Snow day! Year 1 were lucky enough to go Winter spotting as part of their Science lessons today and it snowed! They talked about the changes in the weather and trees as well as experiencing real snow as they were walking across to the school orchard.
We went on a walk of our local area looking for signs of Autumn. We each had our own bag to gather any evidence we saw of Autumn. It was lovely to visit our orchard and observe nature.
We were set the question - What materials float and what materials sink? We tested our predictions to see if we were right!
Last Updated on October 9, 2022