OUR SCHOOL PARLIAMENT AIMS
We believe that our School Parliament Ministers should be:
Good team players
Support the school
Be good listeners
Be focused and responsible
Be kind to everyone
Be open to all ideas
Be resilient and adaptable
OUR SCHOOL PARLIAMENT PRACTICES
We believe our School Parliament should:
* Be a way of improving communication and co-operation in the school
* Be a tool to develop pupil self esteem and confidence
* Encourage pupils to take an active part in school and community life and be active citizens
* Allow pupils to take responsibility for their school
OUR SCHOOL PARLIAMENT GUARANTEE
* Our Finance Ministry will ensure children understand the importance of money and building savings
* Our Global Ministry will increase awareness of world events and promote children’s understanding of different cultures and countries
* Our Culture Ministry will increase understanding of the importance of all the arts and provide a range of experiences for the children to access them
* Our Education Ministry will ensure children understand the power of learning and will help them to develop tools for learning
* Our Health & well-being Ministry will promote active lifestyles and encourage awareness of healthy minds and bodies
* Our Local Community Ministry will ensure everyone sees the importance of celebrating our place in the local community and knows why we should respect our community
*Our Eco (environment) Ministry will ensure children understand the importance of taking care of our planet, food security and sustainability.
*Our Careers and Aspirations Ministry will encourage children to think about their future, prepare children for the wider world and inspire them to think big and achieve their goals.
*Our Values Ministry will embrace our values-based curriculum and promote these values throughout school
Following their inter-school COP 26 meeting, some of the school parliament members asked to speak to the school Governors and present some of their climate change ideas. The children were extremely articulate and even made the Governors think about how meetings are...
The Health and Well-being ministers met with Miss Wildon last week to discuss keeping children safe in school. They came up with some great ideas to get the message out to other children and look forward to future meetings.
Our Local and Global ministers attended a local 'COP26' style meeting with other schools from the Lancaster and Morecambe area to talk about climate change and the arrival of Eden North. The children had the opportunity to learn about other countries around the world...
Last Updated on January 10, 2022