OUR SCHOOL PARLIAMENT AIMS
We believe that our School Parliament Ministers should be:
Good team players
Support the school
Be good listeners
Be focused and responsible
Be kind to everyone
Be open to all ideas
Be resilient and adaptable
OUR SCHOOL PARLIAMENT PRACTICES
We believe our School Parliament should:
* Be a way of improving communication and co-operation in the school
* Be a tool to develop pupil self esteem and confidence
* Encourage pupils to take an active part in school and community life and be active citizens
* Allow pupils to take responsibility for their school
OUR SCHOOL PARLIAMENT GUARANTEE
* Our Finance Ministry will ensure children understand the importance of money and building savings
* Our Global Ministry will increase awareness of world events and promote children’s understanding of different cultures and countries
* Our Culture Ministry will increase understanding of the importance of all the arts and provide a range of experiences for the children to access them
* Our Education Ministry will ensure children understand the power of learning and will help them to develop tools for learning
* Our Health & well-being Ministry will promote active lifestyles and encourage awareness of healthy minds and bodies
* Our Local Community Ministry will ensure everyone sees the importance of celebrating our place in the local community and knows why we should respect our community
*Our Eco (environment) Ministry will ensure children understand the importance of taking care of our planet, food security and sustainability.
*Our Careers and Aspirations Ministry will encourage children to think about their future, prepare children for the wider world and inspire them to think big and achieve their goals.
*Our Values Ministry will embrace our values-based curriculum and promote these values throughout school
*Our Diversity Ministry will ensure every child has access to diverse learning opportunities.
The health and well-being ministers helped Miss Kelly run an assembly on playground games recently to make sure the children were using the new playground class boxes to their full potential. The ministers were instrumental in asking for these boxes after the...
We were blown away with the maturity and enthusiasm of our Pupil Parliament last week. They visited the Lancashire County Council buildings in Preston and were able to pose questions to the Chairman Councillor Yates and Councillor Pattison. There were a great...
On Earth day 2022, we thought it would be fitting to celebrate our very own ‘agents of change’ our children! We are so proud of you all for caring about the world you live in and making daily suggestions of how to improve the way we can live more sustainably as...
Last Updated on October 6, 2022