OUR SCHOOL PARLIAMENT MISSION STATEMENT
We believe that our School Parliament Ministers should be:
Good team players
Support the school
Be good listeners
Be focused and responsible
Be kind to everyone
Be open to all ideas
Be resilient and adaptable
We believe our School Parliament should:
* Be a way of improving communication and co-operation in the school
* Be a tool to develop pupil self esteem and confidence
* Encourage pupils to take an active part in school and community life and be active citizens
* Allow pupils to take responsibility for their school
OUR SCHOOL PARLIAMENT MANIFESTO
* Our Finance Ministry will ensure children understand the importance of money and building savings
* Our Global Ministry will increase awareness of world events and promote children’s understanding of different cultures and countries
* Our Culture Ministry will increase understanding of the importance of all the arts and provide a range of experiences for the children to access them
* Our Education Ministry will ensure children understand the power of learning and will help them to develop tools for learning
* Our Health & well-being Ministry will promote active lifestyles and encourage awareness of healthy minds and bodies
* Our Local Community Ministry will ensure everyone sees the importance of celebrating our place in the local community and knows why we should respect our community
* Our Diversity Ministry will support children in embracing difference in others and seeing difference as a positive
*Our Eco (environment) Ministry will ensure children understand the importance of taking care of our planet, food security and sustainability.
*Our Careers and Aspirations Ministry will encourage childen to think about their future, prepare children for the wider world and inspire them to think big and achieve their goals.
*Our Values Ministry will embrace our values-based curriculum and promote these values throughout school
The School Parliament have been working with the office staff on a Healthy Teeth, Happy Smile campaign! Every child in school will be receiving a toothbrush and toothpaste pack, along with a poster designed by the Sport & Health Ministry to advertise the...
Our culture ministers had the tough choice to choose the artist of the term…they finally chose these as our winners.Congratulations to the winners and runners up in the Artist of the Term competition.