Our PE intent…
- Develop the fundamental movement skills and apply these in context (EYFS and KS1)
- Continue to develop these skills and teach children how to apply these skills in context to develop their knowledge of simple tactics in a variety of sports (KS2).
- Knowledge and understanding of tactics for both attacking and defending.
- To ask questions and to discuss and explore their own ideas and tactics.
- Use assessment after each lesson and at the end of each half term’s core task to inform planning and identify skills which need to continue to be developed.
- Use videos on the APP to develop knowledge and demonstrate skills and movements.
- Consistently highlight and discuss the character values and benefits of exercise to develop the understanding of healthy bodies and minds.
- Children will leave Sandylands with the skills to keep themselves safe while enjoying swimming with friends and family (KS2).
- The skills, knowledge and understanding of the impact of exercise to maximise their physical and mental health and well-being.
We got a taster session of Cricket to broaden our experience of different sports.
Hindu Dance Shop
As part of our learning about Hinduism in RE, some of our children have had the opportunity to take part in a fantastic, Hindu dance workshop, carried out by ’West End in Schools.’ The workshop was based on the sacred Hindu story of The Ramayana and it helped to...
We are all very proud of our superstar Year 6 swimmer who took part in a swimming competition last weekend. Oh my goodness - how many gold medals?!
School Games Gold Award
Well done to all the children and staff at Sandylands! We have been awarded the school games mark Gold award for our PE provision. We love that our children have a 'healthy body, healthy mind' attitude to their learning both in school and within our local...
Check out our Year 2 footballer who works hard at this sport outside of school. So hard, he has won another trophy for his efforts! Well done 🙂
Year 5’s trip to Borwick Hall
What an amazing time the Year 5 children had at Borwick Hall at the weekend. Everyone involved had a great time taking part in canoeing, climbing, caving, orienteering and much much more! They were a real credit to our school and all the adults working with them...
Commonwealth games 2022 – The relay baton comes to school!
We had an amazing day on Friday with the Commonwealth baton. Some children from Westgate school delivered the baton via bicycles and then we performed for them as part of the receiving ceremony. Year 3 and 4 dance club put together a dance, the school choir sang...
Health and well-being ministers in action
The health and well-being ministers helped Miss Kelly run an assembly on playground games recently to make sure the children were using the new playground class boxes to their full potential. The ministers were instrumental in asking for these boxes after the...
Last Updated on October 9, 2022