Our PE intent…
- Develop the fundamental movement skills and apply these in context (EYFS and KS1)
- Continue to develop these skills and teach children how to apply these skills in context to develop their knowledge of simple tactics in a variety of sports (KS2).
- Knowledge and understanding of tactics for both attacking and defending.
- To ask questions and to discuss and explore their own ideas and tactics.
- Use assessment after each lesson and at the end of each half term’s core task to inform planning and identify skills which need to continue to be developed.
- Use videos on the APP to develop knowledge and demonstrate skills and movements.
- Consistently highlight and discuss the character values and benefits of exercise to develop the understanding of healthy bodies and minds.
- Children will leave Sandylands with the skills to keep themselves safe while enjoying swimming with friends and family (KS2).
- The skills, knowledge and understanding of the impact of exercise to maximise their physical and mental health and well-being.
One of our school partnerships is with the local high school. Mr Fletcher visits us to support staff with teaching P.E. On this ocassion, he was teaching some basic skills to Year 1. See us in action!
We had great fun at our festival day, taking part in a range of activities. Check us out! Dance Workshop Making a Spinner Splodge-o-matic!
We braved the hot weather and had a brilliant sports day. Check out our pictures below! Balancing Race Sack Race Running Race
We got a taster session of Cricket to broaden our experience of different sports.
As part of our learning about Hinduism in RE, some of our children have had the opportunity to take part in a fantastic, Hindu dance workshop, carried out by ’West End in Schools.’ The workshop was based on the sacred Hindu story of The Ramayana and it helped to...
We are all very proud of our superstar Year 6 swimmer who took part in a swimming competition last weekend. Oh my goodness - how many gold medals?!
Well done to all the children and staff at Sandylands! We have been awarded the school games mark Gold award for our PE provision. We love that our children have a 'healthy body, healthy mind' attitude to their learning both in school and within our local...
Check out our Year 2 footballer who works hard at this sport outside of school. So hard, he has won another trophy for his efforts! Well done 🙂
Last Updated on October 9, 2022