Our PE intent…
- Develop the fundamental movement skills and apply these in context (EYFS and KS1)
- Continue to develop these skills and teach children how to apply these skills in context to develop their knowledge of simple tactics in a variety of sports (KS2).
- Knowledge and understanding of tactics for both attacking and defending.
- To ask questions and to discuss and explore their own ideas and tactics.
- Use assessment after each lesson and at the end of each half term’s core task to inform planning and identify skills which need to continue to be developed.
- Use videos on the APP to develop knowledge and demonstrate skills and movements.
- Consistently highlight and discuss the character values and benefits of exercise to develop the understanding of healthy bodies and minds.
- Children will leave Sandylands with the skills to keep themselves safe while enjoying swimming with friends and family (KS2).
- The skills, knowledge and understanding of the impact of exercise to maximise their physical and mental health and well-being.
We had an amazing day on Friday with the Commonwealth baton. Some children from Westgate school delivered the baton via bicycles and then we performed for them as part of the receiving ceremony. Year 3 and 4 dance club put together a dance, the school choir sang...
Congratulations to our fantastic gymnasts who took part in the Morecambe and Heysham Acro-gymnastics competition on Monday. All their hard work and dedication paid off as they were crowned achieving an amazing score of 27.9 out of 33 points. Special mentions go to...
The whole school took part in some frisbee taster sessions recently. Look at the concentration on Year 6's faces! The children can sign up for Frisbee fun club after school.
Yet another sports event took a hold of us this week....Ultimate Frisbee! A great time was had by all and some new talents emerged too! We learnt how to hold a frisbee with our special index finger, how to throw the frisbee at a target and how to retrieve it safely....
Ash Randall, a footballer freestyler, came into school to teach us all some football skills and tricks. Mr Morris showed us all some tricks of his own too! It was great to see so many children practising afterwards on the yard.
As part of a whole school initiative, Year 2 were part of the Freestyle Football workshops....and we LOVED it! The children practised different skills with a football and were WOWed by Ash's ability to kick, flick and spin the ball effortlessly! One of the challenges...
Last week, we had a special visit from Heysham Atoms to teach us the fundamentals of the sport rugby. Many of the Year 2 children knew nothing about this sport before this session and were excited to give it a try. We tried holding the ball, tackling and passing. Take...
Lots of our children were lucky enough to bid for some free Morecambe Football tickets for the game this week. School received a lovely email from one family ... 'Hi, thanks so much for our tickets to go and watch Morecambe last night. We had an amazing time and the...
Last Updated on June 27, 2022