Hello from the Sandylands Inclusion Team!
What do we offer?
We have a team of family support workers who work closely with the children and their families to ensure all children are able to achieve their full potential. You can contact any of the team in school and they are always available to offer support and guidance.
Miss Wildon, Mr Roberts, Mrs Stephenson, Miss Day, Mrs Miller
We have an open door policy, so please feel free to come and have a chat with any of us!
The Inclusion Team is made up of a range of expertise to allow us to support children and families at Sandylands as best we can. Leading the Inclusion Team is Liz Wildon, with family workers Dawn Brook, Nicola Miller, Pippa Day and Lee Roberts. Helen Stephenson is our SENCO who works closely with the inclusion team to provide a holistic approach to support. We are here to help you with any questions you have about your child’s wellbeing, needs or achievements. We work with the children to help give them tools to help build their confidence and resilience to achieve their full potential in school.
There are a range of interventions, services and support we offer both in school working with children, or working with families in the wider community.
This can include:
- Working 1:1 with children or in small groups
- Providing additional intervention where needed e.g. lunchtime, transition
- Working with other agencies to provide support for families e.g. social services
- Working in the community to conduct home visits
- Signposting families to other support available in the community
- Support in school from Educational Psychologist, Phil Pickett
- Therapeutic support in school from Claire Colclough
- Mental Health Support from Trailblazer Kathryn
We are always willing to answer any questions, support any concerns and help all children to achieve their potential. If you have any queries or concerns about your child there are a number of ways to seek support from school:
- Talk to your child’s class teacher
- Contact the main school office (01524 410286) to arrange an appointment
- E-mail [email protected]
- Talk to a member of the Inclusion Team
- Talk to a member of the Senior Leadership Team
For more information about services available in the community, look at our Key Contacts section of the Family Team page on our website. Please note that there are a range of services available across the Morecambe and Heysham area and these are just a selection of the ones we use. Other services are available.
You may need support from the school nurse. Support may include: eating habits toilet training sleep health condition You can speak to them directly using the information below.
Telephone: 01524 410286 email: [email protected] Website: Family Support A reminder that our Inclusion Team is always here to help. If you have any concerns or would like to access support, please contact us. A very special welcome this year to...
SLEEP Sleep is one of the most common struggles for parents...with children of ANY age. We are supporting this year's Sleeptember with a focus on guidance for children, parents and families with sleep. Sleeptember – The Sleep Charity’s annual awareness month -...
Last Updated on November 30, 2023