Our Design Technology intent…
- Research and where possible, disassemble existing products
- Design and create products including a mechanism, e.g. pulley system, cam, gears, levers or electrical circuit.
- Evaluate and improve a product by strengthening the structure
- Understand and use technical vocabulary
- Use a range of tools safely, e.g. saw, hammer, drill etc.
- Use a computer program to design their product
- Use a range of stitching to join fabric and enhance its appearance
- Know where different foods come from
- Follow safe procedures for food safety and hygiene
- Follow a simple recipe to make a meal as part of a healthy balanced diet.
- Talk about significant events and individuals in design technology that have helped shape the world
- When evaluating the finished product, apply the saying – ‘Looks Good, Works Well!’
Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man! Nursery had a great time making gingerbread men last week. They followed the instructions and then ate them all up - they were very tasty!
Year 2 had great fun in their cooking club this week. We followed the instructions for making Pinwheel Pizzas. Follow the recipe if you want to have a go at home too!
We have had fun designing, creating and evaluating our sock puppets over the past few weeks. He used our designs to create a prototype and our final product. We attached the features using glue. We talked about what we liked about our sock puppet and what we would...
This afternoon Year 1 have been making a prototype of their sock puppets. They used the design they drew last week and attached paper to show the features. We are looking forward to making out final sock puppets next week.
As part of Year 2's Science, DT and PSHE work, we have been planting this week. We have planted potatoes as part of food technology and eating healthy. We are going to grow these and design a dish to eat. Yummy! We have also planted runner beans as one of our Science...
Any budding bakers out there? Send us your photos and menu ideas.
Last Updated on June 27, 2022