* Regular attendance at school is very important for your child’s development of friendships, emotional wellbeing and their learning.
* When children have been absent for a day they often are unsure of themselves as they have missed learning that has taken place.
Coughs and Colds
* Children in Reception are susceptible to coughs and colds. If your child has a cough or a cold please send them into school as usual and let us know.
* We will keep a very close watch on their health during the day and if they are not well enough to be in school we will telephone you to collect them.
Sickness – What should I do?
If your child is too unwell for school you must follow the instruction below
- Ring the school between 8.00am and 9.00am on the morning of the absence giving the reason and
expected return day. The school office number is 01524 410286 or school Mobile 07342 888443.
- If your child continues to be unwell please re-phone the office on the 3rd day of absence.
- Following vomiting and diarrhoea your child will need to stay at home for 48 hours.
What happens if my child does not attend?
* If there is no communication with the office a member of staff will telephone you to find out why your child is not in school.
* If your child’s attendance is poor a meeting will take place with the school learning mentor
* If poor attendance continues an attendance contract will be drawn up between the parents and the school
Persistent unauthorised absences can result in a fixed penalty notice!
What support can we give you?
- Contact the school if you are having difficulties.
- Nicola Miller our Attendance Officer and rest of the Family Support Team are experienced in
supporting children and families.
Your child should attend school every day unless they are really unwell. Birthdays, shopping, special treats are not authorised reasons for a child to be absent from school.