Below is the home learning for those children who are working from home at the moment. Remember you can call the school office for a paper pack of all the work if you prefer. Complete your work in the Home learning book you were given over lockdown. If you require another one, please don’t hesitate to ask. Send in your work to email@example.com
This week in our English we are looking at information texts. Have a look at the penguin text and the links to videos about penguins. Can you gather information about penguins and put the facts into full sentences?
Think about organising your facts under 4 different subheadings: What do penguins look like? Where do penguins live? What do penguins eat? Other interesting information.
What information do we know which we can put into these?
Use the facts about penguins to put together an information sheet all about penguins. Below are some key features of a non-fiction information sheet to help you structure your page.
Features of a non-chronological report
The features of Non-chronological reports should include some of the following:
- A topic title which covers the whole subject
- A brief introduction paragraph which gives a who/what/where overview
- Information grouped into paragraphs, which may include a sub-headings
- Individual points supported by extra detail and examples or evidence
- Written in the present tense, unless the report is historical
- Third-person pronouns and a formal tone
What features of a non-chronological report
The only key feature that must be in a non-chronological report is that the writing is not written in time order.
Some more features of non-chronological reports that may not be relevant for all of them include:
- Labelled diagrams
- Historical dates
- Images with picture captions
- Fact boxes and bullet-point lists
- Technical vocabulary in bold
- Spider diagrams/mind maps
Click on the link below to access this week’s Maths. This is linked to the model we are using in school.
This week we are continuing with Materials in Science – click on the link below which takes you to a series of lessons all about Materials. Can you watch Lesson 2 and 3 and complete the activities.
Watch the videos below which introduce Judaism. We are looking at this in class at the moment. Can you watch lessons 1-3?