Hello from the Sandylands Inclusion Team!
The Inclusion Team is made up of a range of expertise to allow us to support children and families at Sandylands as best we can. Leading the Inclusion Team is Liz Wildon, with family workers Dawn Brook, Nicola Miller, Pippa Day and Lee Roberts. Helen Stephenson is our SENCO who works closely with the inclusion team to provide a holistic approach to support. We are here to help you with any questions you have about your child’s wellbeing, needs or achievements. We work with the children to help give them tools to help build their confidence and resilience to achieve their full potential in school.
There are a range of interventions, services and support we offer both in school working with children, or working with families in the wider community.
This can include:
- Working 1:1 with children or in small groups
- Providing additional intervention where needed e.g. lunchtime, transition
- Working with other agencies to provide support for families e.g. social services
- Working in the community to conduct home visits
- Signposting families to other support available in the community
- Support in school from Educational Psychologist, Phil Pickett
We are always willing to answer any questions, support any concerns and help all children to achieve their potential. If you have any queries or concerns about your child there are a number of ways to seek support from school:
- Talk to your child’s class teacher
- Contact the main school office (01524 410286) to arrange an appointment
- E-mail email@example.com
- Talk to a member of the Inclusion Team
- Talk to a member of the Senior Leadership Team
For more information about services available in the community, look at our Key Contacts section of the Family Team page on our website. Please note that there are a range of services available across the Morecambe and Heysham area and these are just a selection of the ones we use. Other services are available.