Hello Year 2,
We hope that you are staying safe and have enjoyed the Hold Still project about Andy Warhol. This week we have some more home learning activities for you to choose from based on the fairytale Snow White.
This week we are going to review addition and subtraction.
· In your workbook B of Maths No Problem, you could complete worksheet 1 and 2 pages 1-8.
· These are addition and subtraction problems.
· Remember that subtraction can sometimes be the same as ‘find the difference’.
· Use tens llll and ones …… to help with adding and subtracting two digit numbers
· If you are subtracting and you don’t have enough ones, remember you can exchange one ten for ten ones.
· Make sure to practise your times tables on TTRockstars
· Well done to these children who have the best accuracy over the last 7 days: Peyton again!
Click below- English Year 2 for the activities for this week in English. The resources you will need are also below.
Snow White in New York
Use the image below to help you with your phonics sentences
- Where is New York?
- Can you find it on a map?
- What continent is it in?
- What oceans surround this continent?
- What oceans surround the UK?
- If you went to New York, research where you would like to visit.
- What is the same and what is different about New York and Morecambe?
- Use these words to help you:
coast, beach, town, city, buildings, fields, transport, weather
- What different types of jazz music are there? Have a listen to a piece here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-b_Y20L94E
- What instruments can you hear?
- What is your opinion on this style of music? Do you like it? Why or why not?
- Use because to give your reasons
- Can you create a piece of music from things around your home to perform?
As usual, please send any work to [email protected]. It’s lovely to see what you are up to! We miss you all and are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Miss Wildon and Miss Kelly