Hello Year 2,
We hope that you are staying safe and have enjoyed learning about VE day. Did you join in with the song? This week we have some more home learning activities for you to choose from based on Fairy tales. Feel free to look at any fairy tales that you know but we have prepared a range of example activities here.
- This week we are continuing to learn about Money.
- In your workbook B of Maths No Problem, you could complete Worksheet 8, 9 and 10 – page 33 to 38
- Remember £1 = 100p. This means when adding money, remember that if your pence comes to over 100p, this is another pound.
- How much are the ingredients for your tea? You could keep a diary of these each day.
- Make sure to practise your times tables on TTRockstars
- We have learnt about verbs and how these can show what we are doing or have done.
- How many words can you think of that are verbs to show what you’ve been doing?
- Cook, clean, sleep!
- Can you write these words in the past tense using the suffix –ed. Make a word family for each word. Cook – cooked, clean – cleaned
- They all follow a rule
- just add the suffix – cleaned
- change the y to an i – cried
- double the consonant – clapped
- drop the e and add the suffix – danced
- Remember some verbs don’t use –ed suffix like sleep in past tense is slept.
- Read: The True Story of the Three Little Pigs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB07RfntTvw or we have uploaded a PDF version of this book The_True_Story_of_the_Three_Little_Pigs1
- What is the same and what is different about the traditional story of The Three Little Pigs and The True Story of the Three Little Pigs?
- Use the conjunction ‘but’ to show this Who do you think is telling the true story? The pigs or the wolf?
- Write a letter to the police explaining why the pig shouldn’t be locked up.
- In your letter make sure to include:
- Who you are writing to
- Who the letter is from
- A reason why you are writing
- Use different types of verbs you have practised in your spelling
- Extend sentences using the conjunction ‘because’ and ‘so’
- Research homes in the past.
- What materials were they made out of?
- What material is your home made out of?
- How many different types of home can you find out about? Draw and label them.
- What is different about how people used to wash, cook and clean?
- Did we always have electricity? What was it like to live without electricity?
- What different types of materials are there? Here is a song to help.
- Draw your own home. How many materials can you find and label around your home?
- What is the best material for you to make a drink in? Can you test this?
- Can you organise your recycling into different types of materials?
- Can you prepare your own lunch? (With the help of an adult!)
- What ingredients do you need?
- What equipment do you need to use?
- How do you do this safely?
Miss Wildon and Miss Kelly