I’m Miss McLaren and I’m the Early Years Lead, who teaches in the Reception class.
I have a real passion for teaching young children and nurturing them to develop as individuals, with independence skills ready for future learning.
I am thrilled that you are joining us and starting your school journey at Sandylands. We have a wonderful learning environment ready to be used by you all, when we are able and safe to return to school.
I wanted you to know all the things you can expect from us in the next coming weeks:
- A dedicated part of the website to access all the information you may need for your child starting school.
- A postcard home for your child, from Miss McLaren.
- A phone call to each parent, from Miss McLaren.
- A virtual tour of the classrooms for you to see and show the children.
- A short film to show the fun learning that takes place at Sandylands.
In the next month you will receive:
- An induction pack posted to your address- This will include a Pupil Information form for you to fill in.
- An Early Years Brochure with lots of information about Reception at Sandylands.
- A ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ section, on this page, to refer to.
- A dedicated Email address to contact Early Years staff at school.
I look forward to meeting you all, when we can!