28th May 2020
You may already have heard the announcement that Lancashire County Council are advising schools not to extend the wider opening to more pupils. This is because their assessments do not currently meet all the five Government tests in Lancashire which would allow for the decision to be taken safely.I have attached the Lancashire information to this letter.
Sandylands always planned for a safe phased return and we are currently using all advice available to prepare for this.
Our current position
- The current key worker provision will continue. Please contact [email protected] if you require a place. Children need to be booked in prior to attending to meet the health and safety requirements.
- Children can attend these groups on a part-time basis to meet the needs of individual families.
- The school office will remain open from Monday-Friday between 10-2pm from the 1st June. Please ring us if you need any support or advice. We will endeavour to respond to every individual enquiry to ensure we meet your child’s needs.
- Home Learning will continue to be provided from the school. Please contact us if you require any further support with this by emailing [email protected] Mrs Lupton leads our Home Learning team.
- Our family support team continues to provide any help that we can offer. Jacqui, our CAMHS provider, is still working in school and is available to talk through any challenges you may be facing. Please send an email [email protected] or [email protected] if you would like her to contact you.
We will keep you updated as to any changes in the guidance for schools.
Thank you for your continued patience during this ever changing time. It was wonderful to see the many children taking part in their home learning. Please do continue to send our photographs to [email protected] We need to celebrate as a school, the great job you are doing in the Sandylands community.