Telephone

01524 410286

Hampton Road

Morecambe, LA3 1EJ

15th May 2020

Dear Parents

Just to keep you up to date with how the school is proceeding following the announcement from the Government to partially open.

The school has actually never been shut! We are taking all of the key worker children and are still fortunate to have enough staff to cover this.

We will be open for key worker children during half term apart from Monday 25th May which is a bank holiday. I am so grateful to our staff for agreeing to work their holidays.

Next week (week beg 18th) we will be in school as normal with key worker children in school uniform. The following week (week beginning 25th May), key worker children should be dropped off at The Venue. They should have clothing and footwear that allows them to participate in sports activities. They will also require a packed lunch. If you are unable to provide this, just let us know.

I am currently undertaking a risk assessment with 41 action points, using the DFE guidance. It is apparent that social distancing is a great challenge in an old building. I hope you agree with me that is is so important that we keep our children safe and well.

I should clarify that there are no penalties to families who decide not to send their children to school. It seems this has worried parents.

We still need to keep the key worker and vulnerable group running and this group must not be mixed with other children due to cross contamination risks. Another challenge!

We have focused the cleaning on the areas the staff and children are using which has allowed us to be very thorough everyday. It is imperative that we keep the high hygiene standards.

I really appreciate your patience and support throughout this challenging time.

Mrs Hickson