Hello Year 2,
We hope that you are staying safe and have enjoyed learning about St. George’s Day. This week we have some more home learning activities for you to choose from based on Africa.
- This week we are learning about Money.
- Can you make a shop in your house? Label your items with the amount of money they cost and make the amount with coins to buy them.
- In your workbook B of Maths No Problem, you could complete Worksheet 1, 2, 3 and 4 – page 21 to page 26
- Make sure to practise your times tables on TTRockstars . Well done to these children who have the best accuracy over the last 7 days: Alfie NEnglish
- Listen to the story of The Ugly Five by Julia Donaldsonhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69K2IZ1A1ZU&t=49s
- Write a character description of an African animal
- Can you write your own verse of the song in The Ugly Five?
- Write an adventure story about an animal and the journey it goes on
- Research what animals live in Africa and draw a poster of an animal with facts about the animal
- Can you find an animal for every letter of the alphabet?Geography
- What countries are in Africa? Can you find them on a map?
- What things are the same about Africa and England? What things are different about Africa and England?
- Here is an episode of Go Jetters from CBeebies about the continent of Africahttps://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000814s/go-jetters-series-3-5-the-continent-of-africaArt
- Can you create your own African mask?
- Create an African necklace using bright coloured patterns. This could be done with a paper plate and string or with paper.P.E.
- Can you make a dance up using the movements of African animals? Can you show the animals at different levels and different speeds?We miss you all and are looking forward to seeing you soon!Miss Wildon and Miss Kelly