Hello Year 5! Here are this week’s learning activities.
This week we will be looking at how decimals relate to fractions. Look on https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/ Click on Week 1 – Decimals.
You will find 5 maths lesson videos that you can watch and click on the activities for the tasks.
· Maths no Problem – Turn to page 13 and 14 for more activities. · Extra Challenge: You will find some great activities on http://www.iseemaths.com/
· Game of the week! Check out this maths online game about decimals. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/fractions-and-decimals
· Click on the game called Decimal Demonstrator
· TT Rockstars – continue with your daily access to TT Rockstars.
Continue to enjoy reading! You can access bug club each day, earn coins and play games.
Reading task: Read the extract from ‘The Vipers Daughter’ by Michelle Paver You can register for free on https://www.lovereading4kids.co.uk to access the text. This is the recommended book of the month for April.
You can read it on the screen or print it off.
Once you have read the text, complete some of the following tasks:
1) Write about the Who, What, Where, When and Why from the text.
2) Highlight any unfamiliar words. See if you can work out what they mean by reading around the sentence, decide on the word class and then look it up in a dictionary after. Remember always relate it back to the story and how the word fits in.
3) Create a word bank of amazing words that the author has used
4) Draw the characters and brainstorm any information you can collect about them.
5) Draw the scene from the book and label with key information from the text
6) Design a front cover for the book.
7) Predict what you think might happen next in the story.
8) Brainstorm about what you ‘KNOW’ from the text and what you ‘THINK’
9) Write about what you liked or disliked so far.
10) Create a wordsearch using your vocabulary lists, characters and key information
These are all tasks that you have been doing all year in Year 5.